M.Com. HRD (Human Resource Development)
Alva’s college has introduced Department of PG Studies in Commerce with specialization in Human Resource Development (M.Com-HRD) from the academic year 2009-2010. The main aim of department is providing competency based education by developing human engineers and nurturing skills of financial management in multi cultural society.
- To identify the educational needs of individual students and fulfill them through effective teaching methodology.
- To prepare the students to understand, manage and develop human relations effectively.
- To enhance students with effective Presentation and Communication Skills.
- To provide a study stream with knowledge, skills and attitude to occupy managerial and administrative positions in public and private sectors.
Candidates shall have passed the three years B.Com/B.B.M/B.B.A/B.H.R.D. Degree Examination of Mangalore University or any other Universities considered as equivalent there to provide they have obtained not less than 45% (40% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate excluding language subjects.
M.Com. (H.R.D.) – Master of Human Recourse Development is a 2 year program (4 semesters) affiliated to Mangalore University and recognized by Union Grant Commission (UGC)
- Pre-course Orientation
- Guest Lectures by subject experts
- Industrial collaborations(MOU)
- Conference /Workshops
- Industrial Visits
- Minor Project Work/Internship
- Advisory committee
- HR Forum
- Certificate Course on Payroll Administration.
- HR Forum
- Extension activity
- Consultancy services
Students of M com HRD have been excelled in both academic and co-curricular activities.
|Kiran Chandra ,||I|
|Jennifer Nora D Silva||II|
|Aruma thantrige Madushika Ishari||I|
|Sony D Souza LP||II|
|Zareena A K||III|
|2012-14||Prashanthi P shetty||I|
|Nischitha G Hola||III|
CULTURAL & SPORTS ACHEVEMENTS
The Students have also made their achievements in the field of cultural and sports.
- Nandan Kumar B.Nayak is an Yakshagana artist, poetry and script writer. Has written book titled “Anudinada Allegalu” collection poetry He also has made a numerous achievement in the field of Yakshagana .
- Abhijith Kumar B-is a drama artist has participated in various drama competition and secured awards. Participated in National Theater festival JASHNEBACHPAN National school of Drama New Delhi .He has performed drama play in National children festival ‘Rangaprabhath‘ Tamilnadu ,performed in south zone cultural centre Tanjavur and awarded with Manglore university prathibha puraskar 2015-16 with cash prize.
- Ranjitha M. P is an achiever in the field of ball badminton.
- Has won first place in 61st senior national ball badminton championship for men and women held at Pavilian ground, Telangana from 10/01/2016-14/01/16 .
- Has won first place in 60th senior national ball badminton championship for men and women held at vijayavada Andhrapradesh from 07/01/2015-11/01/15 .
- Bagged third place in 59th senior national ball badminton championship for men and women held at Khammam Andhrapradesh from 11/01/2014-15/01/14.
|Mrs. Shazia Khanum||Assistant Professor & Coordinator|
|Mrs. Shubha||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Padmanabha Bhat K.||Assistant Professor|
Students are eligible for various Jobs in multinational companies, Government undertakings and Banking Sector in various positions as follows:
- HR Executive
- HR Assistant
- HR Manager
- HR/Administrative Officer
- HR/Asst. Administrative officer
- HR- Officer
- HR/Executive Trainee
- Personnel Officer
- Payroll administrator
- Project Coordinators
- HR Consultants
- Recruitment Office
- Public Relation Officers
- HR Trainer
- Job Consultants
- Welfare Officers
- HR Research Assistant
- Labour Welfare Officer
- Asst Welfare Officer
- I R Officer