M.Sc. – Analytical Chemistry
- The department of Post-Graduate Studies & Research in Analytical Chemistry established by Alva’s College affiliated to Mangalore University in the year 2008.
- The department apart from its main tasks of involving itself in academics, teaching and research as also periodically interacted and established a mutually beneficial relationship with the nearby industries.
- In this direction the department has initiated several programs like, taking up Industries sponsored projects involving testing and analysis of raw materials and products, encouraging students to take up projects related to their studies to acquire work experience, inviting executives and technical staff of the Industries as guest faculty.
- The department has the MOU with industry which is beneficial to the students in carry out the academic project and research work to the students.
- The only one Analytical chemistry department in southern Karnataka affiliated to Mangalore University.
- Department provides NET coaching and departmental library.
“To Provide Quality and Practical based Education and Industrial Training”
• promote creativity in teaching, learning and research to build a practical knowledge
• introduce Quality education and promote scientific temper
• encourage leadership qualities among students
• To communicate upto date technical education to the students
• To develop social, moral, aesthetic & ethical value of the students
• To Strengthen the interaction between the department, Chemical and pharmaceutical Industry and
• Organize Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, Training and Bridge courses to upgrade Personality
• Support students to take part in the companies to complete their academic projects with experience before
completion of Master degree
• Sustain students to participate and placed for reputed chemical and pharma Companies
With support of management.
|Sl.No.||Year||Batch||Rank||Rank Holders||Results (%)|
|1||2010||I||I, II & III||Shruthi, Chandraprabha & Nagraj||96|
|2||2011||II||I, II & III||Dhiraj D K, Pragnya shetty, Reena M D’souza||92|
|3||2012||III||I, II & III||Seema Nowsin,Reena L D’souza,Shruthi V M
|4||2013||IV||I||Mradula L D’silva||78|
|5||2014||V||I, II & III||Gowthami, Durgasuma & Deepika||100|
|6||2015||VI||I, II & III||Kavya K, Vijetha & Priyanka||100|
|7||2016||VII||I, II & III||Jayashree Jain, Harish R.N, & Suraj D||100|
|Sl.No.||Placements companies/ Institution||Locations|
|4||Sequent scientific Ltd.,||Mangalore|
Candidates seeking admission for M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry shall have studied Chemistry as optional/major / special subject in the Bachelor Degree programme.
Duration: Two years (Full Time)
Dept of Analytical Chemistry
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: 9731411528